Reviewing my Peer's Film Openings

Hey y'all, I'm back with another blog post! Today I'm going to be reviewing my peer's film-opening projects.

5 Letters by Baysyx

Honestly, really good as a short film but not an opening. The issue is (spoilers, I guess?) the guy dies at the end of the opening, so to me, there's no need to continue. There's no voiceover at the end that would show a continuation of the story. It would've been better if a voiceover was like a friend or family of the victim saying, "I must avenge" or something like that. I love the low-key lighting paired with the score of the film, it was just amazing! Knowing these guys, sitting in class always playing Wordle, this makes so much sense why they'd turn it into a horror scene. Straight 9 out 10.

Monday by Nicole Quiles

Good premise, but the scene where the girl in the guy's body was looking in the mirror could've used the girl's voice instead because it just seemed like it was the guy's thoughts in his head. I also think a POV shot of both of them walking down the hall or something with the opposite person's voiceover would've helped solidify the thought. Personally, I'm not into these types of films, even actual movies made by big studios, so I give this a 6/10.

Sunday by Stunna

I love this! I love the premise, and I love the execution. I am a little confused about the ending. I don't exactly know what happened to our main character or who it is, and that's good because I want to see more to find out what happens. For a film opener, it's honestly 10/10 for me. Nothing more to say.

Up The Score by Joe Buckers

Another 10/10 production. It was an intense one-on-one match of soccer, and I felt the passion the player and the coach had for the game. The camera quality was great too. However, their audio was low and hard to hear. It also gets a bonus point for having Sam, Ramos, and John in it. For real made it an 11/10.

Late Arrival by Chaela Pusey

 Another well-put-together project. It felt more like a short film, though. I didn't feel like having a need to watch the rest after they called 911. The premise was definitely a different type of horror than I'm used to, but I honestly like it. The camera and audio quality were great, and they used good transitions. I also like how the film gets grainier as they start running out the door because it signals to me that something bad is about to happen. 8/10, in my opinion.

Those are all the ones our class made! 

Y'all have a good one, cya next time!

Comments

Popular Posts