Brainstorming (FOP)

Hey y'all, I'm back again with another post! This is kinda late, but I was sick so forgive me, please. Today we're gonna go over the brainstorming my friends, and I have come up with for the Film Opening Project.

What We've Brainstormed: 
  • The film opens with a black screen, and audio of news clips talking about who did it, what happened, and the outcome of the trial play. After a few seconds, we play shots of the nearby town, the Everglades, and cut to the outside of the convenience store at night. 
  • Cut to film production company logos. We cut to event reenactments and interviews of victims and witnesses, and the judge who sentenced the guy.
  • Cut to black and roll the rest of the credits.

Title: Sugar Rush - A satirical mockumentary about a guy getting life in prison for a nonviolent, victimless crime... stealing a candy bar. You won't believe who did it? 

Audio: 
  • Dramatic Music, Tones, and SFX (scene reenactments) - This is meant to get the audience's mood set so they can fully enjoy the film.
  • Most reenactments won't have any audio. Most audio will be voiceovers or ambient music.
Lighting:
  • The lighting is meant to be low-key and direct on the interviewees.
  • Aerials, B-rolls, and reenactments will be shot in the late hours of the sunset or at night, to emphasize the dark nature of the story.
This is what my friends and I have come up with! More information is to come. I cannot wait for us to start production and to see the final product!

Comments

Popular Posts