Sound Art Project

Hey y'all, I'm back with another. Today I'm presenting my sound art project.

Feels like I just wrote a post... cause I did... But anyways, the project is untitled, but it is the sound of a breaking and entering (B&E) and a murder of a woman that follows. 

I had fun doing the project. I worked with Ernest and Johlissah, two fellow classmates with blogs (linked below).  Ernest was really the lead here, as he did most of the sound editing, using Adobe Premiere. Johlissah and I made the sounds and found some royalty free ones. Also, shoutout to Mr. Curry, my AP US History and Study Hall teacher for the voice of one of our antagonist's (Falcone) henchmen.

We had no real plan, but we started with the main part of the project, the B&E. Using books, we were able to create the sound of footsteps walking on a porch:

Next, we had to get a sound of the door opening (which we mixed after to make it sound like it was an attempt to open the door), which Ernest recording at his house:

After, we had our wonderful guest star, Mr. Curry, say "Hmmm, looks thin enough" in a deep, menacing tone. Followed by the sound of window tapping and a gunshot with glass shatter. 

We used the thump from one of us jumping off a chair to recreate the sound of our antagonist climbing through a window.

After, we used a "walking on glass" sound effect, because the dude legit shot a window open. This mixed with Ernest running in place (for the sound of up stairs), put a great touch in this rising action sequence:

This, plus a few other sound effects that we got from YouTube, ended with this masterpiece:

This was an extremely fun project, and without Ernest or Johlissa's help, it probably wouldn't have been done at all. For our first time making sounds and compiling them, I rate it a 10/10. 

Important Links (for real, check em' out):


Thank y'all for reading, cya next time!

Comments

Popular Posts