Movie Rating - Good Burger

That's right, I'm back with another post y'all! Today I'm doing a full-on review and rating of the movie 'Good Burger', which I did a scene analysis on last week, which you can find here.

Disclaimer: I may spoil the movie, so watch out.


Re...Re...Re...Review

Below is the rubric I am using to analyze the movie.

Using the four categories, and 4 ratings in each class, the movie will be rated out of 80 points.

Does it tell a story? I'm giving this a 15 out of 20 even though it honestly deserves a 10. The story is decent, but its one that is pretty overused in my opinion. There are really 3 main locations in the whole movie, and all but one have multiple settings, so there isn't much in the way of that. Its easy to follow along with the story, which is why I rate this class a 15 out of 20 for the story.

How is its camera work and editing? If you read my scene analysis from my last blogpost, you'd know that the camera work in this movie is pretty... bleh. The movie doesn't make use of a lot of different angles or movements, mostly tracking and midshots, two-shots, close-ups, and group shots. The shots are edited nicely though. You know how in some movies, you can kinda tell the scenes weren't filmed back to back and look kinda jumpy? This movie doesn't do that, its actually pretty smooth. This category gets a 20 out of 20, because, while the quality in low, the editing makes up for it. It truly does enhance the quality of the story, which also factored into the previous score in the last class.

How does it sound? It might just be me, but... the movie doesn't seem use a whole lotta ambient sound. Even inside Good Burger, Mondo Burger, or when they're in school or the asylum, there aren't many noises clashing, unlike in an actual restaurant or lunch hall. The dialogue in the movie is on par. I could be convinced that this was a documentary based solely on the dialogue, but again, the ambient sounds, or lack thereof, ruins it for me. The sound effects they use for the good scenes are top notch though. I give the sound design a 10 out of 20.

Perhaps most importantly are the actors. 20 out of 20... its Kenan and Kel! Come on yall, if you didn't watch these two as a kid, and you were a 90s kid (unlike me), you had NO childhood ever. This should need NO explanation as to why this gets full points. If you need one, then this post isn't for.

Total Score: 65/80 (B-)

That's really it for now folks, cya next time!








Comments

Popular Posts