Mood Board

Hey y'all, I'm back with another post! Today I'm gonna go over the mood board that I made. 











Quite beautiful, isn't it? I'll let you take a second to garner the mood, but if you know the show "Breaking Bad, " you should already know what I'm going for.

My overall moods/ themes are crime and drama. The crime part is evident by the bloody money and blue meth props, and the drama would be the characters themselves, Walter White (top right) and Jesse Pinkman (bottom left), both holding guns and in their costume.

The costume of both actors are important, and I choose these two images for a reason. Walter is in a green shirt and white underwear. The green symbolizes his greed as he enters into the meth business, while the white underpants shows he is still pure at heart, and this leads to drama down the line, as he needs to learn how to balance his criminality and his picture-perfect family lie. Unlike Walt, Jesse's costume (which is in the film sequel 'El Camino') is brown, which in that scene symbolizes his strength after building a massively successful drug empire, but now he also feels alone, because all he loves has been either killed or destroyed, and I think the desert behind him is another good way to symbolize that.

That leads me to another crucial thing about this board... its setting and location. Both the pictures of Walter and Jesse are in an empty desert, as well as the Winnebago (the RV). This will inevitably be used to show isolation and desertion, like a desert often portrays. That's where a lot of this stuff is set. Crime often deals with secluding yourself during the activity, making as few people know what you're doing. The location in this doesn't necessarily mean anything for the drama part, but you could make a case that tension does build in the desert as these two don't often get along, and have different opinions about where the empire of blue meth should go. 

One thing that I believe really symbolizes the crime and drama aspects of my board is the bloody money. We all know bloody money is used to represent criminality, but why drama in this case? I chose it for both because

I also want to make note of the yellowish tint over the whole board. This is how Hollywood likes to portray crime stuff taking place in the desert, but more towards Mexico. This color choice highlights the desert aspects, as the Mexican scenes are in the desert.

Besides that, there really isn't much more to this mood board beside my clear LOVE for Breaking Bad. 

I hope to see y'all later!

Comments

Popular Posts