Blog Critiques

Hey yall, I'm back with another post! Today I'm gonna be going over my two friend's blog posts, Ernest and Johlissa.



The first blog I'm going over is Ernest's blog.

You can find his blog here.

Ernest's blog is cut clean to the point of the topic, however, the text font and color made it very difficult to read. I really think the aesthetic is one of those "get an A on the assignment and not care about the rest" kinda things, with no real care put into legibility. Most of the shots were blurry but certainly conveyed the emotions that the actors were feeling, like in the close-up when I had a serious face, I could imagine action music playing. It made me feel emersed in the experience and that's all I can ever ask for. I didn't like how all the reflection was at the end and not a short one made for each type of shot/ angle. Overall, it's a pretty decent blog.

The second blog I'm going over is Johlissa's blog.

You can find her blog here.

Johlissa's blog was very plain. Times New Roman font on a white background and no introduction. The text font and size were different on the left side vs. the right side, and I'm not sure what that is meant to convey if anything at all. She also only put the name of the shots/ angles with a small reflection on its production, but no actual description or definition. I couldn't really get a sense of emotion in the scenes, but it wasn't for a lack of trying. Overall it needs some improvements, like unified font styles (colors, size, placement, etc.) and more definitions of the types of angles she filmed.

I'll see yall next time!



Comments

Popular Posts